Вернуться   Форум RASPADOK.RU > Соревнования
Справка Пользователи Календарь Поиск Сообщения за день Все разделы прочитаны

Соревнования Всё о спортивных соревнованиях, проводимых различными клубами и организациями на територии Сахалинской области и всего Дальнего Востока.

Ответ

Опции темы
Старый 27.02.2019, 15:46   #1
shushu zhang
Местный

По умолчанию chairman Terry McGuirk

EASTBOURNE, England -- Top-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland failed to reach the second round of the Aegon International when she was beaten 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (4) by Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia on Monday. But defending champion Elena Vesnina of Russia held off a strong challenge to beat Shuai Peng of China 6-3, 6-4, and there was another hard-fought victory for 2012 runner-up Angelique Kerber of Germany, who defeated Alison Riske of the United States 7-6 (6), 6-4. Former champion Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark also won, beating Australian Samantha Stosur 7-5, 6-4. Radwanska won the grass-court tournament in 2008, but she has since fallen in the first round four times and not won a match at Eastbourne since she reached the quarterfinals in 2011. Despite her early exit, Radwanska was not too concerned about her lack of match preparation for Wimbledon. In 2012 after a first-round defeat she went on to reach the Wimbledon final, and last year after an opening-round loss she reached the semifinals there. "The first match (on grass) is always tricky," she said. "Well, it was a great match before Wimbledon to get used to it ... I just hope I can do the same good results (at Wimbledon) this year." Wozniacki had to recover a break of serve at the beginning of each set to defeat Stosur but felt comfortable to be back on a surface which netted her the 2009 title at Eastbourne as well as the junior trophy at Wimbledon. Following her first round defeat at Roland Garros, Wozniacki enjoyed a break in Miami with family and friends, including Serena Williams. "That was a lot of fun," Wozniacki said. "Serena and I had a good time with some of our other friends ... I came back home and I worked hard every day four, five hours a day. My game is in good shape." Eastbourne also features No. 8 Victoria Azarenka of Belarus. A former No. 1, a left foot injury restricted her to just one match since she surrendered her Australian Open title in the quarterfinals in January. Drawn to face Italian Camila Giorgi in her opening match on Tuesday, Azarenka said, "Its not important for me whos going to be on the other side. I just want to see what I can do, and just see how to raise my level from there." Everyones mind inevitably is on Wimbledon, which begins next week, but second-seeded Petra Kvitova, who reached the Eastbourne final in 2011 before going on to claim the Wimbledon title, is determined to keep her focus on this week. "Of course, I want to play the best that I can to get used to the grass and everything before Wimbledon, but Im taking this tournament as a very big one," Kvitova said. "Its a very tough draw. Everybody wants to be successful here." In the mens event, Frenchman Jeremy Chardy beat former two-time champion Ivo Karlovic of Croatia 6-4, 6-4, sixth-seeded Gilles Simon of France defeated Australian qualifier Chris Guccione 7-6 (2), 6-4 and American Sam Querrey beat Britains Kyle Edmund 7-6 (5), 6-3. Basketball Shoes Outlet Online . -- Houstons All-Star tandem of James Harden and Dwight Howard refused to let the Rockets give in to fatigue. Wholesale Basketball Shoes Fast Shipping . Reimer is winless (0-2-1) since returning from a six-week absence due to concussion-like symptoms. The Maple Leafs dropped a 4-2 decision to the hosting Washington Capitals on Friday. http://www.clearancebasketballshoes.com/ . The 20-year-old overager has appeared in 35 games for the Ontario Hockey Leagues Erie Otters this season, scoring 41 goals and adding 27 assists with a plus-28 rating. Basketball Shoes From China . Trailing 2-1 from the first leg, Fiorentina levelled on aggregate in the 14th minute when Joaquin Sanchez Rodriguez headed back a long ball from David Pizarro and Pasqual smashed home an angled volley. Clearance Basketball Shoes Store . -- Kurt Buschs Sunday at Martinsville Speedway, in some ways, was like his career wrapped into one afternoon. ATLANTA -- Hank Aaron is still the home run king to many. Even baseball commissioner Bud Selig has a difficult time seeing it any other way. Aaron was honoured before the Braves game against the New York Mets on Tuesday night with a ceremony commemorating the 40th anniversary of his 715th home run, the one that pushed him past Babe Ruth and gave him the major league record. Aaron finished with 755 home runs, but was eventually passed on the career list by Barry Bonds, whose career was tarnished by steroids allegations. Bonds has 762 homers, but many baseball fans dont accept that number and stand by Aaron as the true record-holder. Speaking with reporters after the ceremony, Selig was asked about Aaron being called the true home run king. "Im always in a sensitive spot there, but Ive said that myself and Ill just leave it at that," Selig said. During the ceremony Braves chairman Terry McGuirk said Aaron "set the home-run record the old-fashioned way" and added "You will always be the home run king of all time." Retired Braves broadcaster Pete Van Wieren earned a big ovation when he said Aaron is "still recognized as baseballs true home run king." Aaron, 80, was given a standing ovation in the ceremony before the game. Aaron broke Ruths record with his homer on April 8, 1974, off the Dodgers Al Downing. Downing attended the ceremony and threw out the first pitch. Some of Aarons 1974 teammates returned, including Dusty Baker, who was on-deck when the record-breaking homer was hit, Ralph Garr, Phil Niekro, Ron Reed, Marty Perez and Tom House, who caught the homer in the bullpen. Aaron thankedd fans "for all your kindness all these many years.dddddddddddd" Aaron, recovering from recent hip-replacement surgery, used a walker. "The game of baseball was a way that I relaxed myself each year that I went on the field for 23 years," Aaron said. "I gave baseball everything that I had, everything, every ounce of my ability to play the game I tried to play to make you the fans appreciate me more. Thank you." Selig, Aarons longtime friend, established the Hank Aaron Award in 1999 to honour the top hitter in each league. He called Aarons 715th homer "the most famous and treasured record in American sports." Selig said Aaron was a worthy successor to Ruth as home-run king "because he is the living embodiment of the American spirit. ... Baseball is forever our national pastime because of people like Henry Aaron." The Braves wore their 1970s era white-and-blue uniforms, complete with small "a" caps, in tribute to Aaron. The Braves are wearing an Aaron 40th anniversary patch on their uniform sleeves this season. The numbers "715" were painted on the outfield grass, stretching from left-centre to right-centre. The Braves unveiled Aaron jerseys from other college and professional teams in the Atlanta area. Falcons owner Arthur Blank, former Georgia coach and athletic director Vince Dooley and former Georgia Tech coach Bill Curry were among those who stood with their teams jerseys adorned with Aarons name and No. 44. The outfield was filled with fans, each wearing blue 44 Braves jerseys and each holding baseball-shaped signs bearing numbers from 1 to 715. ' ' '
shushu zhang вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ